Halloween yesterday and despite the ban, loads of amazing fireworks and the bonfire was good.
Some of the fireworks were let off in a very dangerous way. Thankfully no body was hurt at this spot, though that’s not the case elsewhere unfortunately.
I though Irish people were big on ghosts and banshee’s but over in the very reputable English Chartered Institute of Personal Development they’ve been discussing ghosts in the work place.
Here’s a sample posted by Shoz Rahman
“I worked in a building which had a ghost.
When a staff member told me I was scared stiff, but was not wholly convinced until an incident later. It was remarkably clever and thankfull(sic) fell under the category of a 'good ghost'.
One day, at about 1.30am in the morning, a passer by saw white smoke in our premises (we had large windows). He called the Fire Brigade. A few minutes later, a single fire engine arrived. They too saw that the premises was full of white smoke, and cut a hole in the door and went in. The firemen found grease-proof cooking paper smouldering in an oven, and that was the source. There was no fire.
You can read the full story over on CIPD
We have a winner on our draw who we’re meeting next Monday. Hopefully every body who participated has now received a personal email from me, as distinct from the automated acknowledgement. Unfortunately we can’t provide a prize for everybody. We got some great emails so thanks to every body who participated.
career advice Dublin
career guidance Ireland
career training Ireland
free psychometric Assessment